Al Jeffery, yes!
- The modern world is all about the individual. You’re a success, that’s on you. You’re a loser, that’s on you as well. No wonder the suicide rates went up over the past couple of decades.
- This is very new, as it used to be that whatever happened in your life — Gods were to blame, luck, fortune, etc.
- The most important (and judgemental) question of our society: ‘What do you do?’ — even though everybody realizes that ‘you are not your work’, we tend to jump to conclusions when we hear the answer to that question.
- So I guess it’s worth being aware where this comes from. This makes it a bit easier.
- And it’s worth reminding yourself all the time that there is so much more to life than your work. There is your loved ones, your hobbies, your desires, dreams, nature around you… Forming this habit of reminders should be valuable.
Best of luck to you.